PCNP is the state organization that promotes and protects the practice of over 8,700 Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners (CRNPs) in Pennsylvania. Formed in the 1980's by only 3 forward thinking NPs, PCNP now has 18 regional groups across the Commonwealth! Each regional group offers networking opportunities and has a representative on the PCNP Executive Board that meets quarterly to discuss issues and set organizational goals. Member dues are used to support our central office, executive staff and maintain a Government Relations Specialist who represents us in Harrisburg.
- To advance, support and promote the role of nurse practitioners
- To improve communications between nurse practitioners, other health care professionals, health care organizations and the community
- To promote the practice of nursing practitioners through legislative and regulatory processes
- To provide continuing education programs for nurse practitioners
- To advocate for affordable, accessible quality health care