Topic: Effective Opioid Tapering Practices
Speaker: Amy Porter, Quality Insights
1. Discuss how to use the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) to determine if a provider should consider tapering his/her patient;
2. Discuss several indicators that prescribers can look for when considering tapering opioids;
3. Inform prescribers on how to discuss tapering with patients using patient-centered techniques;
4. Present a general opioid tapering protocol and how to adapt this protocol to the needs of any patient; and
5. Present information on how to manage withdrawal and how to use tools to measure withdrawal symptoms in patients.
After the presentation is completed, the presenter will email out a Certificate of Attendance to each attendee. That COA has a website link on it. After the CEU processes (approx. 3 weeks), attendees can login and get their credit(s) for the session