May 3, 2016
Join PCNP and your NP colleagues from around the state for our annual Lobby Day in Harrisburg!
Now more than ever, it is critical that we all join together in order to advocate for Full Practice Authority for NPs so our patients will have full and direct access to high quality NP care. May 3, 2016 is the day we gather to educate our elected officials about our commitment to a Healthy PA!
Click here to register.
Sign the petition to support full practice authority in PA today!
Tips for a Successful Lobby Day!
Click here to download "How to Have a Successful Legislative Meeting."
We are excited to have two state bills this session, one in each the House and Senate, that we are asking for support on. HB 765 and SB 717 will modernize the Pennsylvania Nurse Practice Act to grant CRNPs Full Practice Authority.
Click here to download and review HB 765.
Click here to download and review SB 717.
Tips for reading the bills:
- Any text between [brackets] is deleted language.
- Any underlined language is new.
Schedule of Events:
- We have reserved Room 8E-B, East Wing from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. for everyone to gather in the morning prior to the rally and will be available throughout the day if needed to store anything. Just like Room 60E-W last year, you can have food and beverages outside of the room, but not inside.
- 10:00 a.m. - Rally with legislators and NPs, Main Rotunda (Reminder: Wear your white lab coat!)
- Meet with your lawmaker after the rally. PCNP is making it easy this year. Simply fill out this form and we'll take care of scheduling the rest!
- Post Lobby Day - Complete electronic evaluations to update PCNP on your day's meetings and event.
More events will be posted as they become finalized!
Current Talking Points:
· Care for PA Fact Sheet
· Full Practice Authority - A Free-Market Solution to Care for Pennsylvania
· Nurse Practitioners Care for Rural Pennsylvanians
· NPs Care for Those Who Need It the Most
· Full Practice Authority - Myths vs. Facts
Contact Your Lawmaker:
Let your State Senator and State Representative know what a big difference this policy will make for patients. You can find your lawmaker’s contact information here. For tips on writing you your lawmaker, contact us at email@example.com.
Helpful Harrisburg Tips:
· Directions to the Capitol Building
· Lodging Options in Harrisburg
· Parking Options
· Harrisburg Dining Options
· Hilton Harrisburg- 717-233-6000
· Staybridge Suites - 717-233-3304
· Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg - 717-412-4326
· The Radisson Hotel Harrisburg - 717-763-7117
Additional Resources/Reading Materials:
· PCNP White Paper
· FTC Policy Perspective APRNs March 2014
· Competition and the Regulation of Advanced Practice Nurses
· Improving Access to Primary Care: The Growing Role of APRNs
· Accessing Primary Care: Barriers to NP Practice
· Institute of Medicine Report: The Future of Nursing - Leading Change, Advancing Health (Brief)
· The Consensus Model for APRN Regulation: A Consumer Guide