House Bill Updates
View House Bills that pertain to nurse practitioners.
Senate Bill Updates
View Senate Bills that pertain to nurse practitioners.
Notices of Changes or Amendments
Find notices that will directly and significantly impact nurse practitioners.
Comments Submitted on Behalf of PCNP
PCNP Request of Review of Board of Nursing Statement of Policy RN Administration of Conscious Sedation Medication - Submitted Dec. 28, 2018
PCNP Comment on SB780 - Telemedicine Act to Chairman Mustio- Submitted Aug. 27, 2018
PCNP Comment on SB780 - Telemedicine Act to Sen. Vogel - Submitted June 14, 2018
PCNP Comment on Draft OMHSAS Guidelines for the Provision of Tele-Behavioral Health Services - Submitted May 29, 2018
PCNP Comment on CSM Direct Provider Contracting Models - Submitted May 25, 2018
Notices and Upcoming Events
PA Department of Health | 49 Pa.B. 5260 | Title V Maternal and Child Health Services Block Grant: Health Need Prioritization Public Meetings | Notice
The PA Department of Health provided notice that every 5 years, the Commonwealth's Title V Maternal and Child Health Services Block Grant requires the Bureau of Family Health to conduct a comprehensive assessment of the needs of women, infants, children, adolescents and children and youth with special health care needs in this Commonwealth. After reviewing available health data and seeking input from families and providers, the Bureau will identify priorities for State and local Title V programs, staff and grantees for the next 5 years.
The Bureau will hold public meetings for providers and families across this Commonwealth to share input on the potential priorities that will guide the issues the Commonwealth's Title V programs will address over the next 5 years. Those public meetings will be held at the following places and times:
- Thursday, Sept. 26, 2019, at the Lackawanna County Children's Library Community Room, 520 Vine Street, Scranton, PA 18509 at 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2019, at the Holiday Inn, 100 Pine Street, Williamsport, PA 17701 at 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2019, at the Montgomery-County Norristown Public Library, Community Room, 1001 Powell Street, Norristown, PA 19401 at 4:00 p.m.
For additional information, contact the Bureau of Family Health, 7th Floor East, Health and Welfare Building, 625 Forster Street, Harrisburg, PA 17120, (717) 346-3000.
PA Department of Human Services | 49 Pa.B. 5260 | Availability of Amendment to the Office of Developmental Programs' Adult Autism Waiver | Notice
The Department of Human Services is making available for public review and comment the Office of Developmental Programs' (ODP) proposed amendment to the Adult Autism Waiver. Whenever substantive changes are made to an approved waiver, the Department must submit an amendment to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for approval. The Department proposes to amend the Adult Autism Waiver effective Oct. 1, 2019, as follows:
- Add a new service, non-medical transportation.
- Revise provider qualifications for all employment-related services to require certification by July 1, 2020.
- Revise the frequency of verification of provider qualifications from every 30 months to every 36 months.
- Require providers to execute an ODP Waiver Provider Agreement to replace the current Adult Autism Waiver Provider Supplemental Agreement.
- Add reserved capacity for participants to re-enroll in the Adult Autism Waiver after a stay in a hospital or rehabilitative care lasting more than 30 days.
- Revise performance measures and terminology to align with the other ODP waivers.
- Transition from an interest list to a waiting list based upon level of care determinations conducted by the Administrative Entities.
- Revise the service definitions of employment-related services to add a provision for accessing those services during a period when the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation is operating under a closed order of selection.
The proposed amendment to the Adult Autism Waiver, effective Oct. 1, 2019, is available on the Department of Human Services website.
The notice was published on Saturday, Sept. 7, 2019. Comments will be received on or before Oct. 7, 2019. Interested persons are invited to submit written comments regarding the proposed waiver amendment. Comments should be addressed to Laura Cipriani, Department of Human Services, Office of Developmental Programs, 625 Forster Street, Room 510, Harrisburg, PA 17120. Comments may also be submitted to the Department at RAfirstname.lastname@example.org using subject header ''AAW Amendment.''
The Department will also hold a webinar to receive comments on the proposed waiver amendment. The webinar will be held on Sept. 16, 2019, from 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Register for the webinar here. Participants are able to participate in the webinar by phone, but will need a computer to provide comments during the webinar. To assist the Department in accurately capturing comments provided during the webinar, individuals are asked to submit a written copy of their comments by e-mail or mail to the previously listed address.
Copies of this notice and waiver amendment may be obtained by contacting the Bureau of Autism Services, P.O. Box 2675, Harrisburg, PA 17105, RAemail@example.com.