- Passage of Act 68 of 2012. Effective August 21, 2012, Pennsylvania CRNPs will be authorized to sign death certificates on behalf of our patients.
- Passage of Act 48 of 2007 which allowed for NPs to: Order home health and hospice care, durable medical equipment, issue oral orders to the extent permitted by the health care facilities' by-laws, make physical therapy and dietitian referrals, make respiratory and occupational therapy referrals, perform disability assessments for the program providing Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), issue home bound schooling certifications, perform and sign the initial assessment of methadone treatment evaluations.
- Sole Regulation by the Board of Nursing (2002)
- CRNP Prescriptive Authority (2000)
Updating Signatory Authority
- School Teacher Physical Examination forms (2010)
- Disability Plates and Placards (2004)
- Municipal Police Officer Training (2006)
- Driver License Physical Examinations
Protecting and Promoting Professional Practice
- Establishment of the PCNP Website and Member List Serve
- Monitoring of the Board of Nursing and Boards of Medicine
- Sponsoring an Annual CRNP Educational Conference
- Group Member of the AANP
- Organizational Affiliate Member of PSNA
- Alliance of Health Care Providers
PCNP continues to be the voice for NPs across Pennsylvania and is actively working to remove barriers in all areas of professional practice. We continue to work to remove antiquated "physician only" language from all legislation, regulation, and forms and work to have CRNPs recognized and reimbursed by all insurers.